I am confident that I WILL run again, at the level that I used to. My body is strong, resilient, beautiful, and it can do this.
Over the years, my body…
- has soared off ski jumps, and sped down black diamonds. It has performed a back scratcher and a daffy on skis, and has had fun doing so. It can do this.
- has competed in singles and doubles tennis matches, and won a few. It can do this.
- has walked miles and miles around some of my favorite cities – from New York to Portland. It can do this.
- has coached Special Olympics weight lifting. and Loved It. It can do this.
- has modeled Saks FIfth Avenue fashions on AM NorthWest – Portland’s version of The Today Show. It can do this.
- has run around many a track – barefoot – my favorite way to run. My coach in high school called me Flash.
It can do this! It will run again!
And all the while I will always know I am beautiful!